Events and Fundraising Officer
We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic individual with some events management experience to join our Events team. Working in a small, energetic, friendly and busy team, you will be able to make a significant and positive contribution from the start. You will work closely with the Events Manager and Head of Fundraising to organise sponsored events that raise vital funds for free legal advice services.
About the role
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintain and build on existing events
- Manage sign-ups to the events using Salesforce (training provided)
- Work with the Event & Fundraising team to produce event and fundraising materials
- Draft event correspondence
- Attend, help at and supervise events
- Follow up with participants of events
- Promote LLST externally and ensure its good reputation is maintained
- Lead on allocated specific events
The main qualification, skills and experience required for this job include:
- Enthusiasm for the cause and our work, and commitment to social justice and equal opportunities for all.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of event co-ordination
- Knowledge and understanding of CRM
- Experience of using social media for business
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communications skills.
- Confidence with IT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with strong organisational skills to cope in a busy environment with competing demands.
A copy of the recruitment pack that includes the full job description, person specification and how to apply is attached HERE
Closing Date: Ongoing
Please note we will hold interviews on a rolling basis, and this advert may close earlier than the deadline advertised here. Applicants are encouraged to apply at the earliest convenient time.